The Supplier Quality Coordinator evaluates and monitors suppliers’ quality systems and materials for
conformance to specifications and quality standards. The role also manages the Supplier Corrective
Action process including coaching suppliers to effective and permanent solutions along with
supporting the approval and reassessment of suppliers.
• Supports the supplier corrective action process, including issuing nonconformance (NCM)
reports and where applicable, requests for Corrective and Preventive Actions (CAPA). Tasks
include bounding/ containment of nonconformances, tracking corrective action completion,
evaluating effectiveness of both the supplier’s planned solution and implemented solutions.
• Supports supplier management efforts through issuing supplier performance reports, such as
scorecards and Key Performance Indicators (KPI), coordinates supplier review meetings, and
reports on supplier quality issues as well as NCM/CAPA status.
• Supports the supplier approval and reassessment process in accordance with company
standards and practices. Works with Supplier Quality Assurance and Procurement
Management to prepare annual schedule for supplier audits.
• Prepares and presents accurate reports to management related to supplier performance,
supplier related customer complaints, and requalification status. Enlists SQA management
assistance with supplier roadblocks and lack of responsiveness.
• Attends and participates in supplier audits as appropriate. Follows up with suppliers on audit
findings and drives suppliers for continuous improvement.
• Maintains accurate and current supplier information and records in applicable databases per
Oliver record retention policies. Supports supplier changes (process, system, and/or
material) as appropriate.
• Supports end of month inventory process as related to materials.
• Supports Supplier Quality Assurance team by cross training in all department functions.
• Actively seeks ways to reduce costs by eliminating waste with a focus on continuous
improvement at the supplier.
• Supports customer and regulatory audits as appropriate.
Education and/or Experience:
• Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent
• Three years training/experience in quality related job
• Knowledge of GMP and ISO requirements.
• Knowledge of Oliver Critical-to-Quality requirements, and customer, internal, and supplier
• Strong teamwork and problem solving skills
• Must demonstrate attention to detail, be able to work independently or as member of a team; must be organized and meet deadlines in stressful situations
• Strong written and verbal communication skills. Works well with people across the
organization to gather information, make decisions/recommendations, and drive
• Excellent math and creative problem solving skills
• Strong analytical skills including the use of simple and complex quality tools
• Solid verbal and written communication skills
• Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers,
suppliers, customers, and the general public.
• Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals
• Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, draw valid conclusions and make
• Software skills including, MS Office, ERP, Mini-Tab and ability to apply concepts such as
fractions, percentages, ratios and proportions to practical situations.
• Basic statistical knowledge.
• Read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical
procedures, or governmental regulations
• Knowledge of ISO 13485
• Ability to travel (US and internationally)
De werving voor deze functie verloop via Stratiqs. Voor meer informatie, neem contact op met Rogier Princen, firstname.lastname@example.org.